Safari did let me set up the account, but logging in just took me to a blank screen. Ditto with Firefox. But only random ol' Opera lets me actually start an application.
Opera, this consultant thanks you. Sniff.
" It is no longer possible to simply restore the InstallESD.dmg to get a bootable image for USB / Flash drive installation."
But if Mail starts choosing "firstname.lastname@example.org" instead of "email@example.com" when you're emailing the boss, you have other options besides going into Contacts, and deleting the rarely-used email address.
To choose a contact's default email address in Mail, you have to:
1. Go to Contacts.
2. Click on All Contacts, then select all. (Go to the Edit menu, and choose "Select All.)
3. Click the File menu, and choose New Group From Selection. Name it something simple like "All".
4. Click the Edit menu, and choose Distribution List.
5. The Distribution List window appears. Click the "All" group you created. Default email addresses will be listed in bold. If you see contacts with multiple addresses, check the bold email address is the one you use most often. If it isn't, just click the one you want to make default.
Extra credit: this is also an easy way to view a simple list of your contacts' names & email addresses. Give it a once-over. You'll be surprised which contacts have no email account at all, or one that is severely out of date. Even more credit: to do the same thing, but viewing/changing phone numbers or mailing addresses, click the "Email" column header while viewing the Distribution List.
If anyone needs help canceling an account, here's the process (I kid you not):
1) There is no way to cancel account via your Spotify's user settings.
2) There are no cancellation instructions on Spotify's help pages.
3) The (undocumented) action you must take is to fill out the Help contact form.
4) The help request form has no option for account cancellation or even "Other", so choose "Account or Login problems" and then choose from several incorrect options & just hope for the best. In the details field, tell them you want to cancel your account.
5) The help request will email two auto-responses. The second response will instruct you to search Help or the Community pages for the answer ... and gives no indication of the real thing to do at this point. Reply to this auto-response request by again requesting they cancel your account. Include your date of birth, the approximate date you signed up for Spotify, and your zip code.
Yes. Seriously. This is their process.
If your mailbox sidebar isn't visible, click on "Show" on the left side of the menu bar.
Next, to reduce the mailbox sidebar font size, go to System Preferences, click General and change "Sidebar icon size" to small.
Ahhhh…soooo much better.