My client is changing the IP addresses for all 6 of their networked printers, and I knew there had to be a better use of my billable hours than going from Mac to Mac, changing their printer settings.
Fortunately, Apple Remote Desktop 3 can do this. Here's version of Apple's instructions...
- In Finder, use "Go to Folder" to navigate to /private/etc/cups/
- In Remote Desktop, select one or more computers in Remote Desktop.
- Choose Manage > Copy Items.
- Drag the following file & folder from the Finder window you opened to the "Items to Copy" list: "/private/etc/cups/printers.conf" and "/private/etc/cups/ppd/".
- Change "Place Items In" to "Same relative location".
- Click "Copy".
- The printer queues on the client machines will be paused until they restart.