Clients and friends: I am recommending against using the Spotify music service. I've had one too many clients have Spotify sign them up for unrequested services, and the hoops Spotify makes users go through the cancel their accounts is ridiculous.
If anyone needs help canceling an account, here's the process (I kid you not):
1) There is no way to cancel account via your Spotify's user settings.
2) There are no cancellation instructions on Spotify's help pages.
3) The (undocumented) action you must take is to fill out the Help contact form.
4) The help request form has no option for account cancellation or even "Other", so choose "Account or Login problems" and then choose from several incorrect options & just hope for the best. In the details field, tell them you want to cancel your account.
5) The help request will email two auto-responses. The second response will instruct you to search Help or the Community pages for the answer ... and gives no indication of the real thing to do at this point. Reply to this auto-response request by again requesting they cancel your account. Include your date of birth, the approximate date you signed up for Spotify, and your zip code.
Yes. Seriously. This is their process.
Dearest clients, I know you will ignore this post, as no one wants to wait to try out the new & the shiny. But when you call me because iTunes 11 is driving you bonkers, I'll have nothing to offer, but kindness & empathy. It's a new release. It's full of kinks. Wait. Sincerely, I-told-you-so ... er, I mean, Juliet